Hey wine clubbers! The fabulous online wine club for 2014 has now wrapped and up been put under the Christmas tree until early next year.
We’ll kick off again on the last Wednesday in January (and every last Wednesday of the month after that) for a whole other year of fabulous wine discoveries from some of our favourite Australian wineries.
Here at The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society we don’t sell any wine, or take any commissions on sales. Our passion is to introduce you to fabulous wines from fabulous wineries, and then get you to buy from them directly. And from March this year our online wine club became even more attuned to our wo-manifesto as we were able to ensure you could get your wines shipped directly from the winery!
This whole new way of getting together and discovering new wines, while supporting our winemakers directly, is so unique that it was even featured in The Australian last month.
While we know loads of you do the online wine club on your own from the comfort of home, we know that this year even more of you started your own Fabulous Ladies Wine Club group. If you do have a group that meets regularly, we’d love you to let us know (so we can offer you some fabulous things every now and then, and keep you in the loop on events etc). Just shoot us an email telling us all about it, and we’ll add you to our VIP list.
To those wine clubs who’ve been going all year (and longer!) we say a HUGE THANK YOU! Seriously. We adore your feedback, loyalty and support and we couldn’t do it without you.
Here’s to a fabulous Christmas to you all! And peace and good wine to all women.
Wine Club List for 2014
Okay, so without further ado, here’s what we sipped, swirled and slurped in 2014 (from March onwards):
- MARCH – Kirrihill, 2012 Kirrihill Regional Range Clare Valley Shiraz & 2013 Kirrihill Regional Vineyard Selection Watervale Riesling
- APRIL – Little Cathedral Vineyard, 2010 Pinot Noir & 2013 Rosé
- MAY – Bethany Wines, 2011 Bethany Chardonnay & ‘Gen 6′ 2010 Shiraz Cabernet
- JUNE – Burnbrae Wines, 2013 Burnbrae Rosé & 2012 Burnbrae Shiraz
- JULY – Fox Gordon , 2012 Princess Fiano & 2010 By George Cabernet Tempranillo
- AUGUST – Briar Ridge, 2014 The Dam Verdelho & 2012 Karl Stockhausen Shiraz
- SEPTEMBER – Willunga 100, 2014 Willunga 100 Grenache Rosé & 2013 Willunga 100 Grenache
- OCTOBER – Angove Family Winemakers, 2013 Wild Olive Organic Shiraz & 2014 Alternatus Vermentino
- NOVEMBER – Quealy Wines, 2013 Pinot Grigio & 2011 Nebbiolo
- DECEMBER – No wine club. But howsabout cocktails by the pool?
If you had any favourites during the year, now is a great time to go back and order some direct from the winery. Stock up for Christmas, for parties, for gifts, or just for yourself!
Remember, by buying your Christmas season wines direct from the producer you’re contributing to a sustainable industry and helping all our wine producers keep making more fantastic quality wines.