Is that a photo to make you carb binge or what?!?! Seafood – or to be more precise, baby octopus – Linguine is a brilliant match for our February 2015 wine of the month in the online wine club, the Calabria Family Wines Private Bin Vermentino.
- 400g linguine (fresh is best, but dried will do)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 800g baby octopus cleaned and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Calabria Family Wines Private Bin Vermentino
- Squeeze of lemon
- Large handful of rocket leaves
- Salt & pepper
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the linguine. Cook until al dente. Set aside but DO NOT DRAIN.
Heat olive oil with the chilli and garlic in a large pan and cook until they start to sizzle, then turn up the heat and add the white wine. Simmer everything until the wine and olive oil come together. Add octopus and lemon juice, stir to combine. Drop in rocket leaves and gently stir.
Using a pair of kitchen tongs, lift pasta from the water into the sauce. Taste for seasoning and it it needs a bit more lift, add a little more lemon juice.
Serve immediately drizzled with more olive oil and enjoy with a glass of Calabria Family Wines Private Bin Vermentino.