We’ve had a blast of a year here at the Castle of Fabulousness. Not only have we been having a ball online, but we’ve been getting around too, and have LOVED meeting so many of you in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Townsville, Coffs Harbour and Byron Bay.
And how could we ever forget our humongous Women Wine and Shoes events?
All this dashing around has left us way, way behind on our Christmas holiday prep. There are presents to wrap, shopping to do, and the menu still isn’t finalised (should have made the pudding months ago).
But we do know what we will be drinking come Christmas day, because while we have been bustling all over Australia this year we have also tasted all kinds of wines just for you! (Yes, okay, and for us.)
Some of these have been our go-to drops all year, some have surprised us, some enchanted us. All are great value, and will wow your guests and your tired taste buds both on Christmas Day and for the year ahead.
Top 5 Reds
- Vinaceous Red Right Hand (Shiraz, Grenache, Tempranillo) 2011 (RRP $25)
- Oliver’s Taranga Small Batch Cadenzia Grenache 2011 (RRP $30)
- TarraWarra Estate Pinot Noir 2011 (RRP $20.00)
- Bremerton Selkirk Shiraz 2010 (RRP $22.00)
- Battle of Bosworth Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 (RRP $25.00)
Top 5 Whites
- Seppelt Drumborg Vineyard Riesling 2012 ($25)
- Westend Estate Richland Pinot Grigio 2012 ($16)
- Fowles Wine Stone Dwellers Vermentino 2013 ($22)
- Barringwood Park Northbank Chardonnay 2010 ($28)
- Ducks in a Row Fiano 2011 ($25.00)
Top 5 Other Fabulous Wines
- Rogers & Rufus Rose 2012 (RRP $17.95)
- Anderson Sparkling Shiraz 2005 ( RRP $29.00)
- House of Arras Brut Elite NV (RRP $35.00)
- Glenguin Estate Botrytis Semillon 2009 (RRP $22)
- Lerida Estate Botrytis Pinot Gris 2012 (RRP $35)
[alert-note] What would you nominate in your list of Top Wines for 2013? Got a drop or two you think are pretty darned fabulous? Tell us by leaving a comment below. [/alert-note]