Why are they so fabulous?
At Schild Estate not only are the wines 100% pure Barossa, but you can still shake hands with family members from three generations! The whole family is dedicated to creating wines with authenticity and passion, that speak of a sense of place. They source their wines exclusively from the Southern Barossa, where you’ll find the Schild Estate vineyards, winery and cellar door.
The Schild Estate Cellar Door is the home of the wines and the family, and is located in the heart of Lyndoch in the Southern Barossa Valley. All of Schild Estate’s wines can be enjoyed in the tasting room or in the relaxed courtyard outside.
Also on offer are regional grazing platters showcasing delicious Barossa produce and great coffee too. Whilst being served by experienced cellar door staff who have great knowledge of the wines, be prepared to share stories with one of the winemakers or Schild family members who are often around.
Cellar Door is open 10am to 5pm, 7 days a week, with the exception of some Public Holidays.
Which wines should you try?
We find it a little hard to go past their GMS and Reserve Chardonnay. And their Sparkling Shiraz is so delightful, it’s not referred to as “the Barossa breakfast” for nothing!
FAMILY ESTATE RANGE
- Barossa Valley Riesling
- Barossa Valley Adelaide Hills SSB
- Barossa Valley Unwooded Chardonnay
- Barossa Valley Frontignac
- Barossa Valley GMS
- Barossa Valley Merlot
- Barossa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barossa Valley Shiraz
CELLAR RESERVE RANGE
- Alma Schild Reserve Chardonnay
- Edgar Schild Reserve Grenache
- Ben Schild Reserve Shiraz
- Lorraine Schild Reserve Late Harvest Semillon
- Barossa Valley Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Noir
- Barossa Valley Sparkling Shiraz